We recognize the importance of privacy and protecting the personal information of visitors to our websites. This Policy is designed to help you to understand when and how your personal information is processed on all Websites owned or operated by Basware.
2 Information Collection and Use
2.1 Personally Identifiable Information
We process personally identifiable information about you to provide you with access to our services, to fulfil our services to you, and/or the organization you represent, to improve our services to you and/or to provide you with information on Basware’s products and services. Personal data, which is collected, consists of general contact and personal information, such as name, address, e-mail address and telephone number.
If the Website or a section thereof is password protected, then (i) once you submit your password, the Website will identify who you are and may collect and store all information that you submit, including all instructions and communication, and (ii) any information collected and stored about you from the Website may be combined with other information that we have about you.
2.2 Statistical Information
We may record certain usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to our Websites. This information may include the Internet browser you are using, your IP address and the websites that you access immediately before and after your visit to our Websites. Such data is used on an aggregate basis across personal and company data, and we will not disclose to third parties any information that could be used to identify you personally.
2.3 Use of Service Providers
Basware may use service providers or other third parties to operate our Websites. The service providers and third parties may undertake tasks such as sending postal mail and e-mail. These persons may have access to your personally identifiable information, but only for the purpose of performing their duties. These personnel may not use your personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
2.4 Compliance with Laws
Basware will not provide any personally identifiable information to any other persons, except if we are required to make disclosures by any law, any government or private parties in connection with a pending legal or administrative action.
2.5 Electronic Marketing
Basware may send you electronically or as hard copy information on the products and services you have been using or acquiring and other products and services related to such products and services. It is our policy to include instructions for unsubscribing from receiving our e-mails. We recommend that you do not send us any individual personal information via non secure methods of correspondence, including via public electronic communication channels, such as Internet e-mail, which are generally not secure.
2.6 Disclosure to Third Parties
3.1 Cookies on our Website
Cookies are small text files that are stored in your computer’s memory and hard drive when you visit certain web pages. They are used to enable websites to function or to provide information to the owners of a website.
- Analytical purposes: Analytical cookies allow us to recognize, measure and track visitors to our Websites. This helps us to develop the way our Websites function, by determining whether site visitors can find information easily, or by identifying the aspects of websites that are of the most interest to them, for example.
- Usage preferences: Some cookies on our Websites are activated when visitors to our sites make a choice about their usage of the Website. Our Websites then use the settings preferences of the user in relation to future visits. This allows us to tailor the experience on our Websites to the individual user.
- Functional purposes: Functional purpose cookies store information that is needed by our applications to process and operate. For example, where transactions or requests within an application involve multiple workflow stages, cookies are used to store the information from each stage temporarily, in order to facilitate completion of the overall transaction or request.
Cookies are required in order to provide you with personalised features on our Websites.
This Website uses the following cookies:
Google Analytics: This cookie allows us to see information on user Website activities including, but not limited to page views, source and time spent on Website. The information is depersonalised and is displayed as numbers, meaning it cannot be tracked back to individuals. This will help to protect your privacy. Using Google Analytics we can see what content is popular on our Website, and strive to give you more of the things you enjoy reading and watching.
Google AdWords: Using Google AdWords code we are able to see which pages helped lead to contact form submissions. This allows us to make better use of our paid search budget. This information is not personally identifiable.
Eloqua: Eloqua employs cookies in order for its server to recognize a return visitor as a unique user. The cookies placed by the Eloqua server are readable only by Eloqua, and cookies cannot access, read or modify any other data on a computer. We do link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site.
Third-party service cookies:
Social sharing cookies: We use social sharing buttons for services including, but not limited to, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+. These allow you to share pages with your friends via those networks. Whilst you will be asked to login to use these services, this process is handled directly with the social sharing providers and their databases and servers. These sites may also monitor your usage of these buttons, through the use of external tracking codes that are required to run the buttons on this Website.
3.2 Amending cookie preferences
If you wish to disable cookies in this device, please follow the instruction behind the links provided below. Please note that if you turn off cookies in your browser, the setting will apply to all websites you visit:
- Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 (this page links to further information for different versions of IE - the mobile version is at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/web/changing-priva...).
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647
- Safari: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html (or http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677 for mobile versions)
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
- Blackberries: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/ 32004/Turn_off_cookies_in_the_browser_60_1072866_11.jsp
- Android: http://support.google.com/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=169022
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
The site www.allaboutcookies.org includes more information about cookies in general, including instructions for managing cookies on many commonly used browses, or you may consult the vendor documentation for your specific software.
4 Third Party Websites
Basware protects your personal information when you transact business on our Website by requiring the use of a browser software program that supports industry standard SSL encryption with 128-bit key lengths. The "128-bit" designation refers to the length of the key used to encrypt the data being transmitted, with a longer key representing a higher level of security.
6 Contact Us
Linnoitustie 2, Cello-rakennus
You should be aware, that revoking your consent may lead to a situation where we cannot provide you with some or all of the services, as processing of your personal data is necessary for us to be able to provide you with our services.